Nostalgia will take you on a trip to the past/grief will keep you



By A’ishat Àkànó

 “There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colours are brighter, the air softer and the morning more fragrant than ever”. -  Elizabeth Lawrence

 


you were twelve and I was ten.

everyone was home, but you pulled my tiny hands.

followed by a loud whisper. I followed,

allowing you to lead the way.

 

I was ten and you were twelve.

my plump cheeks blushed, excited for your reveal.

the discovery, our latest place of visit.

time has passed, yet these moments forever stay unforgettable.

sometimes like a twist in the heart, far more painful

than an experience in an unsummoned inferno.

 

we were kids. just kids who dreamt of falling stars

and wished for a visit to the most colourful places on earth.

I was certain that with that smile from you every street light would fade,

and the moon would serve as a guide for us to fish our flowers.

there is a garden in every childhood and this was ours.

 

Comments

Popular Posts