own it or you are out

 

leave me with my sane mind, 

this is the thought that races through my mind.

it was like I was starting to see myself drowning, 

covered with eyes 

that has been molded to built holes in me.

i tried to keep my head out,

to survive the stares 

there is no need for panic


i refer back to the words of my therapist

take a deep breath or you can decide to skip that 

see yourself owning the moment

be the director of the movement, 

control the pace in the space

direct their eyes to what to see

draw their minds to your world


now, i raise my chin up

chest pushed out

shoulders up high

mouth forms with intention to control the room

"we matter in every way.

i say with utmost dedication 

that more dangers lie in believing 

the single story." i plea, 

knees almost the colour of the earth.

Comments

Popular Posts