The Old's New

By Marvelous Onagheochi Joseph

Source: Pinterest


Walking solemnly into the New Year,

I reminiscence at the old year

Analysing the trials and fears

I realized they brought me Joyful tears

The times

I never believed I'd get there,

The times

I struggled to be there,

And the times I smoothly got there


Taking a pause to the exciting beats 

of the New Year's song played around me

I didn't want to pour the old wine

To the bottle of the new wine

I stopped not to dine

with the year's feastings

this new year, I want to be a vine

that brings forth all through the seasons 

the best of its fruits


On my meditating table,

I brought both years to my able

The old to the right

The new to the left

Writing on the New Year's plate

I realized the new will be Mable

If the resolutions are not cleft

It's going to be roughly adorable

And all the stumps and headways, memorable.

Comments

Popular Posts