reflection of a confused human

 by A'ishat Akano

Source: Pinterest 


the stranger appeared and

we met him with smiles at the corner of our lips

and a warm embrace, from a short moment of a hug

he is starved of affection, sometimes

he loses his to the cottage of his fantasies.

most times he has hopes built on stars

he will never reach.

tell me if I'm wrong

are we all not dust carved from deceit

molded from falsehood, daring and meticulous

yet fragile and hopeless?

our spirit danced at the mention of ravishing things.

but we never yearn to become one.

broken mirrors but we appear ravishing

reflections from the waters, we see faces clad in regrets.

we heard cries. smiles. laughter.

"don't wish me dead", he said. live.

don't try to look for me. don't call me. miss me. miss it. but have mercy.


Comments

Popular Posts