A lovely way to get killed.

By Àkànó A’ishat Aderonke 



Call me by my name, 

it is 'love’ in every language.

Treat me with care,

That’s how nature should be regarded.


I realized too late falling in love 

was not like missing a step, 

rather it was ignoring every step 

in ways you can't remember.


Our secrets have been held 

in my heart for so long. 

It hurts now. I can't decide whether

to visit my playlist or my cardiologist.


Missed the times when the only reason 

we called for the group's movie night 

was to hold hands and derive peace 

from the heat in our heavenly bodies.


Maybe later we will be guests at each other

marriage ritual, and carry faint smiles and looks 

with intention that will make your suitor (or mine) 

want to visit an abattoir.

Comments

Popular Posts