Important notice! This is not a suicide note

 

I never really wished to die 

The thought of it just comes 

I never was tired of living 

My soul just craves a tour;

A pleasant visit to the other side 

Just a minute of rest 

A minute free from chaos and uncertainty

I used to stand by the terrace 

I think I still do, and all I imagine 

Is a body falling down 

From this height that feels so close to

The sky and heaven itself.

And a big crowd of people appearing 

With various expressions, from 

Those who used to put on smiles and 

And was full of admiration for my face 

Or the tiny voice full of vague tone,

Those who had secretly wished to be like me,

Those who had never seen my face before 

And can only wonder who this person is

And those who had seen my face several times

But can only wonder why I did such a thing.

As they wonder, I wonder too

Not why I chose death 

But why I chose to do it 

In front of all these eyes 

Who could only fear death.

They know it is the greatest form of peace 

But refuse to embrace and give it 

It’s befitting respect and honour.

I am not like them or maybe,

I am, cause all 

I can do is imagine and not 

Give death a try.


A’ishat Àkànó 

Comments

Popular Posts