Your View on the Presidential Election

By: Yanmife Adeleke



As a youth and young Nigerian, what is your take on the just concluded Presidential election?


On the 25th of February 2023, the Presidential election alongside the House of Representatives and House of Senate elections was held. Some Queenites aired their views on the election processes.


I feel like the 2023 election brought about a renewed sense of hope among the Nigerian youth. People really exercised their right to vote in this election. Before the election, youths were campaigning for their choice of candidates; during the election, they came out to vote and people waited till the very end of the process in their polling units (counting and uploading the results). I believe the new Nigeria we await is in the making. 

  • Damilola Adewole


The youths were more involved in the decision-making process of electing a new leader for the country. I saw the youths more present than ever before. This is something that I have never seen happen before. Truly a new Nigeria is emerging.

  • Favor Emechebe


The recent election can only be described in a few words which are “A new Nigeria is emerging”. The obvious dedication and enthusiasm by youths as compared to our previous apathy is one sure sign of a new dawn in the country!

  • EMA


I feel this year's election in Nigeria is the most patriotic I have ever seen or experienced. People really came out to exercise their civic duties and rights. The issue I have with the election and the process is the malpractice that occurred in some centres and areas of the country.

Nigerians are ready for a change but those in power are not ready for this change. There were videos of malpractice in certain areas which is against the electoral code of conduct. One major thing is that people came out en masse to vote.

  • Pelumi Olorunwa


Uhmmm!

My take on this year's election, I was excited to see youths soro-soke and participate in the election. Initially, people thought youths were just mouthing off on social media but they were not ready for it. Youths and old people came out to exercise their right in their numbers. I was a first-time voter and I saw several others who were also first-time voters who were enthusiastic to be engaging in the whole election process. Some did not mind the long distance to their polling unit, they walked it.

I was not really happy with the whole issue with the INEC BVAS machine malfunctioning, I mean they had 4 years to prepare and I saw how much their budget was. Anyway, I believe the new Nigeria is here, I can see it.

I'm proud of every youth who stepped out, it can only get better.

  • Oluwaseun Adeleke



Comments

Popular Posts