“We are working on bringing back the sound system.”-An interview with the Queen Elizabeth II Public Relations Officer




On November 11, 2022, QEHP had an interactive session with the Queens Hall Public Relations Officer, Ugbe Unimashi on her journey so far as the PRO.


QEHP: Good afternoon, can we meet you?

Unimashi: Good afternoon. My name is Ugbe Unimashi Oluwasanufunmi. I am a 300-level student in the department of English. I like to volunteer, sleep, and have a good time.


QEHP: How has the journey been so far as the PRO?

Unimashi: It has been interesting; I have been able to meet different personalities, socialize more, and make new friends. It has helped me build my self-confidence.


QEHP: It has been a concern that people do not get information about the happenings in the hall. What do you have to say?

Unimashi: For the Freshers’ welcome and other events, we always ensure that we publicize. I have a publicity team who tell people about the events, they go as far as going to the rooms of Queenites to inform them about these events. We have our social media platforms, like WhatsApp and other groups where we publicize all these events and where people get information. Concerning publicity, we have been doing our best and striving to be better.


QEHP: Some Queenites are on some WhatsApp groups and they barely get any information, what do you have to say?

Unimashi: Such groups are verified. There are verified groups for information.


QEHP: What action should be taken concerning this problem?

Unimashi: Such groups will be brought down.


QEHP: How effective is the publicity team?

Unimashi: We have publicity members in 100, 200, 300, and 400 levels on I block, D block, C block, E block, and even A block. Apart from the publicity team, we have floor reps on every block that disseminate information.


QEHP: What do you intend to do to make people aware of all these?

Unimashi: I would write a notice on all the notice boards. People who are not on the WhatsApp group can get to see the ones on the notice board, but it is best if everyone is on a WhatsApp group.


QEHP: What is your relationship with other executives?

Unimashi: I have a good relationship with them. There is a synergy we have which shows in our events and the results we get.


QEHP: Asides from publicity, what does your office entail?

Unimashi: Publicity is the main thing we do and relations with other bodies through the office.


QEHP: What challenges have you been facing so far?

Unimashi: I cannot think of any.


QEHP: Does it mean you are having it all smooth?

Unimashi: Not really. I have been learning, learning to adapt and to relate to people. Schoolwork has been stressful but it has not interfered with my work as the PRO, and vice versa.


QEHP: What do you intend to do differently as the PRO?

Unimashi: I cannot think of any right now. I’ll get back to you on that. We have plans but I cannot disclose them right now.


QEHP: Do you intend to bring back the sound system?

Unimashi: We are working on it.


QEHP: It was nice having you. Thank you.


Comments

Popular Posts